* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Natural Disasters, 11th edition focuses on explaining how the normal processes of Earth concentrate their energies and deal heavy blows to humans and their structures. Students have a natural curiosity about natural disasters and why they occur. This text explains why natural disasters occur by interweaving the themes of Energy sources, Plate tectonics, climate change, Earth Processes, geologic time, the complexities of multiple variables operating simultaneously throughout the text. Detailed and interesting Case histories are also intertwined with current content to give students a broad historical understanding of our dynamic and evolving planet.
Chapter 1: Natural Disasters and the Human Population
Chapter 2: Internal Energy and Plate Tectonics
Chapter 3: Earthquake Geology and Seismology
Chapter 4: Plate Tectonics and Earthquakes
Chapter 5: Earthquakes throughout the United States and Canada
Chapter 6: Volcanic Eruptions: Plate Tectonics and Magmas
Chapter 7: Volcano Case Histories: Killer Events
Chapter 8: Tsunami versus Wind-Caused Waves
Chapter 9: External Energy Fuels Weather and Climate
Chapter 10: Tornadoes, Lightning, Heat, and Cold
Chapter 11: Hurricanes
Chapter 12: Climate Change
Chapter 13: Floods
Chapter 14: Fire
Chapter 15: Mass Movements
Chapter 16: Coastal Processes and Hazards
Chapter 17: Impacts with Space Objects
Chapter 18: The Great Dyings
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.