Microbiology Fundamentals: A Clinical Approach, 4th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Cowan's Microbiology Fundamentals: A Clinical Approachis a perfect fit for your microbiology course. The author team includes a practicing Registered Nurse who shows students how the content on each page relates to their lives and future career. McGraw Hill Connect® is aligned with the text and provides a highly reliable, easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that embeds learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve student results.
2 Tools of the Laboratory: Methods for the Culturing and Microscopic Analysis of Microorganisms
3 Bacteria and Archaea
4 Eukaryotic Cells and Microorganisms
5 Viruses and Prions
6 Microbial Nutrition and Growth
7 Microbial Metabolism
8 Microbial Genetics and Genetic Engineering
9 Physical and Chemical Control of Microbes
10 Antimicrobial Treatment
11 Interactions Between Microbes and Humans
12 Host Defenses I: Overview and Innate Defenses
13 Host Defenses II: Adaptive Immunity and Immunization
14 Disorders in Immunity
15 Diagnosing Infections
16 Infectious Diseases Affecting the Skin and Eyes
17 Infectious Diseases Affecting the Nervous System
18 Infectious Diseases Affecting the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
19 Infectious Diseases Affecting the Respiratory Systems
20 Infectious Diseases Affecting the Gastrointestinal Tract
21 Infectious Diseases Affecting the Genitourinary System
22 One Health: The Interconnected Health of the Environment, Humans, and Other Animals
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.