* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
MATLAB for Engineering Applications is a simple, concise book designed to be useful for beginners and to be kept as a reference. MATLAB is a globally available standard computational tool for engineers and scientists. The terminology, syntax, and the use of the programming language are well defined, and the organization of the material makes it easy to locate information and navigate through the textbook. The text covers all the major capabilities of MATLAB that are useful for beginning students. The text consists of 11 chapters. The first five chapters constitute a basic course in MATLAB. The remaining six chapters are independent of each other and cover more advanced applications of MATLAB, the Control Systems tool- box, Simulink, and the Symbolic Math toolbox.
CHAPTER 1. An Overview of MATLAB
CHAPTER 2. Numeric, Cell, and Structure Arrays
CHAPTER 3. Functions
CHAPTER 4. Programming with MATLAB
CHAPTER 5. Advanced Plotting
CHAPTER 6. Model Building and Regression
CHAPTER 7. Statistics, Probability, and Interpolation
CHAPTER 8. Linear Algebraic Equations
CHAPTER 9. Numerical Methods for Calculus and Differential Equations
CHAPTER 10. Simulink
CHAPTER 11. Symbolic Processing with MATLAB
APPENDIX A. Guide to Commands and Functions In This Text
APPENDIX B. Animation and Sound in MATLAB
APPENDIX C. Formatted Output in MATLAB
APPENDIX D. References
APPENDIX E. Some Project Suggestions
Answers to Selected problems
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.