- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
Baltzan; M: Information Systems is an MIS fundamentals text written in an engaging visual, magazine format designed to intrigue your students from the start! Saturated with fascinating, sometimes hard-to-believe real-life examples that will keep students intrigued throughout the course. Baltzan’s approach discusses various business initiatives first and how technology supports those initiatives second. The premise for this unique writing approach is that business initiatives drive technology choices in a corporation. Therefore, each discussion addresses the business needs first and addresses the technology that supports those needs second. This approach takes difficult and often intangible MIS concepts, brings them down to a student’s level, and applies them using a hands-on approach to reinforce the concepts learned. A derivative of the Baltzan; Business Driven Technology text, M: Information Systems provides the foundation that will enable students to achieve excellence in business, whether they major in operations management, manufacturing, sales, marketing, etc.
Part 2 - Exploring Business Intelligence
Part 3 – Streamlining Business Operations
Part 4 – Building Innovation
Part 5 – Transforming Organizations
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources