Coakley, Sports in Society: Issues and Controversies 12e
Table of Contents
1. The Sociology of Sport: What Is It and Why Study It?
2. Producing Knowledge About Sports in Society: How is Knowledge Produced In the Sociology of Sport?
3. Sports and Socialization: Who Plays and What Happens to Them?
4. Sports for Children: Are Organized Programs Worth the Effort?
5. Deviance In Sports: Is It Out of Control?
6. Violence in Sports: How Does It Affect Our Lives?
7. Gender and Sports: Is Equity Possible?
8. Race and Ethnicity: Are They Important in Sports?
9. Social Class: Do Money and Power Matter in Sports?
10. Age and Ability: Barriers to Participation and Inclusion?
11. Sports and the Economy: What Are the Characteristics of Commercial Sports?
12. Sports and the Media: Could They Survive Without Each Other?
13. Sports and Politics: How Do Governments and Global Political Processes Influence Sports?
14. Sports in High School and College: Do Competitive Sports Contribute to Education?
15. Sports and Religions: Is It a Promising Combination?
16. Sports in the Future: What Do We Want Them to Be?