Interpersonal Skills in Organizations, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Interpersonal Skills in Organizations by De Janasz, Dowd, and Schneider takes a fresh, thoughtful look at the key skills necessary for personal and managerial success in organizations today. Exploding with exercises, cases, and group activities, the book employs an experiential approach suitable for all student audiences. The book is organized into 4 distinct sections (Understanding Yourself, Understanding Others, Understanding Teams, and Leading) that can be used collectively or modularly depending on the instructors' preferences and students' needs. The emphasis in this 7th edition focuses on making the text more current, informative, practical, immediately accessible, and applicable.
1. Journey into Self-Awareness
2. Self-Disclosure and Trust
3. Establishing Goals Consistent with Your Values and Ethics
Unit 2 Interpersonal Effectiveness: Understanding and Working with Others
5. Understanding and Working with Diverse Others
6. Listening and Nonverbal Communications
7. Communicating Effectively
8. Persuading Individuals and Audiences
Unit 3 Understanding and Working in Teams
10. Building Teams and Work Groups
11. Managing Interpersonal and Organizational Conflict
12. Achieving Business Results through Effective Meetings
13. Facilitating Team Success
14. Making Decisions and Solving Problems Creatively
Unit 4 Leading Individuals and Groups
15. Effective and Ethical Use of Power and Influence
16. Networking and Mentoring
17. Coaching and Providing Feedback for improved Performance
18. Leading and Empowering Self and Others
19. Project Management
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources