Part I: Confidence
1. Your Confidence (or Lack of It) Stands Out Like a Fly in the Sugar Bowl
2. Your First Move
3. How to Look Dynamic All Day Long
4. Big Thinkers Move Big
5. You Are So Much More Than Your Job Description
6. What's Your On-the-Job Face?
7. Your Biggest Confidence Barometer
8. A Crafty Way to Calculate Their Confidence--and Convince Them of Yours
9. How to Sound Self-Assured in E-mail and IM
10. Can You Be Too Confident?
Part II: Caring
11. Treat Their Ego Like Eggshells
12. Is the Sincere Smile and Oxymoron at Work?
13. Track Them with Your Torso
14. Don't Give Hit-and-Run Praise
15. "Good Eye Contact" Is Not Enough!
16. How to Establish Rapport Without Sacrificing Your Principles
17. Is It Better to Be Liked or Respected at Work?
18. E-mail Amity
19. Can You Be Too Nice at Work?
20. Should You Have Close Friends at Work?
21. A Primal Need
Part III: Clarity
22. How to "See" What They're Saying
23. Make Their Words Your Words
24. It's a "Communication Problem"! Duh
25. Put Some Life in Your Listening
26. Communicating in a Shrinking World
27. Talking to the Opposite Sex (Now That's a Foreign Language!)
28. How to Make Complicated Concepts Clear
29. Time Is Money, Especially at Work
30. Shorter Is Sweeter--and Clearer
31. Kick But
32. What's the Weather Got to Do with Success?
Part IV: Credibility
33. The World Sees You as the Web Sees You--So Watch Out!
34. Truth or Consequences (the Consequences Can Be Huge)
35. Another Integrity Wrecker
36. When a Little Lie is Unavoidable
37. When You're Late to Work
38. Come Out Smelling Like a Rose When You're Guilty as Heck
39. Make Presentations to Gain Credibility
40. Professional Speakers' Secrets
41. Convincing Coworkers to See Things Your Way in Meetings
42. Grammar Snobs Can Kill Careers
43. Are You Credible? (or Just, Like, Credible?)
44. How to Lose Credibility Fast
45. The Mind Does Not Belong in a Cage (but Sometimes You're Trapped)
Part V: Coexistence (With Cruel Bosses and Crazy Colleagues)
46. Is This the Section You've Been Waiting For?
47. The Hypercritical Bully Boss
48. When Your Boss Goes Ballistic
49. Get It in Writing--Your Own!
50. Is Your Boss a Control Freak, or a Freak out of Control
51. Does Reporting a Problem to HR Help?
52. When Your Blood Starts to Boil
53. When You're Unjustly Accused
54. When You're Justly Accused (i.e., Guilty)
55. Get What You Want from Busy Bosses
56. Wouldn't Work Be Great If It Weren't for the People?
57. Gagging Coworkers You Can't Stand
58. Gossiper's Friend Today Is Gossiper's Victim Tomorrow
59. How to Skillfully Squash Interrupters
60. How to Disagree Without Declaring War
61. Before Telling a Coworker Anything
62. Don't Bite the Hand That Signs Your Paycheck
Part VI: Conclusion
63. The Office of Tomorrow
64. Understanding the Human Animal