* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Designed for the one-semester anatomy and physiology course, Hole's Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology assumes no prior science knowledge and supports core topics with clinical applications, making difficult concepts relevant to students pursuing careers in the allied health field. The Learn, Practice, and Access system is used throughout the text and digital content for immediate application. "Learning" outcomes begin the chapter and set the stage for what students will learn, "Practice" questions conclude each major section and help students recall the information they’ve consumed, and "Assess" end-of-chapter resources allow students to confirm their accurate recall of what they learned and practiced. The learn, practice, and assess system is highly effective in providing students with a solid understanding of the important concepts in anatomy and physiology.
Unit 1 Levels of Organization
1 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
2 Chemical Basis of Life
4 Cellular Metabolism
Unit 2 Support and Movement
6 Integumentary System
7 Skeletal System
8 Muscular System
Unit 3 Integration and Coordination
9 Nervous System
10 The Senses
11 Endocrine System
Unit 4 Transport
13 Cardiovascular System
14 Lymphatic System and Immunity
Unit 5 Absorption and Excretion
15 Digestion and Nutrition
16 Respiratory System
17 Urinary System
18 Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
Unit 6 The Human Life Cycle
19 Reproductive Systems
20 Pregnancy, Growth, Development, and Genetics
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.