Health Information Management and Technology, 1st Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Health Information Management and Technology (HIM&T) charts a path for success in the ever-evolving health information field. The product covers the key information today’s students need to know to be prepared for the careers of tomorrow, all in an accessible, engaging format correlated to current HIM standards.
PART ONE: THE EVOLVING HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IN THE UNITED STATES
Chapter 1 Healthcare in the United States
Chapter 2 Functions, Careers, and Credentials of the HI Professional:Documenting, Maintaining, and Managing Health Information, Past and Present
Chapter 3 Health Informatics and Health Information Management Shapingthe Evolving Healthcare System
PART TWO: PROCESSING HEALTH INFORMATION
Chapter 4 Maintaining Health Records: An Overview
Chapter 5 External Forces: Regulatory and Accreditation Influences
Chapter 6 The Active Health Record in Acute Care Settings
Chapter 7 The Post-discharge Health Record
PART THREE: THE MEANINGFUL USE OF DIGITAL HEALTH INFORMATION
Chapter 8 The Electronic Health Record: Meaningful Use of PatientRecords
Chapter 9 Privacy and Security of Digital Records
Chapter 10 The Patient’s Role in Healthcare
PART FOUR: EXPLORING NEW ROLES FOR HEALTH INFORMATION PROFESSIONALS
Chapter 11 Expanding Roles and Functions of the Health InformationManagement and Health Informatics Professional
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources