* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Applicable to both HR majors and non-majors, Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, 8e, focuses on human resource issues and how HR is a key component of any company’s overall corporate strategy. With Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, 8e, students learn about best practices and are actively engaged through the use of cases and decision making. As a result, students will be able to take what they have learned in the course and apply it to solving HRM problems they will encounter on the job.
Chapter 2: Trends in Human Resource Management
Chapter 3: Providing Equal Employment Opportunity and a Safe Workplace
Chapter 4: Analyzing Work and Designing Jobs
Part 2: Acquiring, Training and Developing Human Resources
Chapter 5: Planning for and Recruiting Human Resources
Chapter 6: Selecting Employees and Placing them in Jobs
Chapter 7: Training Employees
Chapter 8: Developing Employees for Future Success
Part 3: Assessing and Improving Performance
Chapter 9: Creating and Maintaining High-Performance Organizations
Chapter 10: Managing Employees' Performance
Chapter 11: Separating and Retaining Employees
Part 4: Compensating Human Resources
Chapter 12: Establishing a Pay Structure
Chapter 13: Recognizing Employee Contributions with Pay
Chapter 14: Providing Employee Benefits
Part 5: Meeting Other HR Goals
Chapter 15: Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations
Chapter 16: Managing Human Resources Globally
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.