Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, 2nd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering represents an effort to make the principles of electrical and computer engineering accessible to students in various engineering disciplines. The principal objective of the book is to present the fundamentals of electrical, electronic, and electromechanical engineering to an audience of engineering majors enrolled in introductory and more advanced or specialized electrical engineering courses. A second objective is to present these fundamentals with a focus on important results and common yet effective analytical and computational tools to solve practical problems. Finally, a third objective of the book is to illustrate, by way of concrete, fully worked examples, a number of relevant applications of electrical engineering. These examples are drawn from the authors’ industrial research experience and from ideas contributed by practicing engineers and industrial partners.
Chapter 2 Resistive Network Analysis
Chapter 3 AC Network Analysis
Chapter 4 Transient Analysis
Chapter 5 Frequency Response and System Concepts
Chapter 6 AC Power
Chapter 7 Operational Amplifiers
Chapter 8 Semiconductors and Diodes
Chapter 9 Bipolar Junction Transistors: Operation, Circuit Models, and Applications
Chapter 10 Field-Effect Transistors: Operation, Circuit Models, and Applications
Chapter 11 Digital Logic Circuits
Chapter 12 Principles of Electromechanics
Chapter 13 Introduction to Electric Machines
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources