Fundamentals of Cost Accounting6th Edition
- A direct, realistic, and efficient way to learn cost accounting, integrated with new technology learning tools.
- Includes supplementary examples and cases that show realistic applications of the key course concepts, as well as comprehensive end-of-chapter material to help students understand.
- Connect: A highly reliable, easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that embeds learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve student results.
INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW
Ch. 1 Cost Accounting: Information for Decision Making
Ch. 2 Cost Concepts and Behavior
COST ANALYSIS AND ESTIMATION
Ch. 3 Fundamentals of Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
Ch. 4 Fundamentals of Cost Analysis for Decision Making
Ch. 5 Cost Estimation
COST MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Ch. 6 Fundamentals of Product and Service Costing
Ch. 7 Job Costing
Ch. 8 Process Costing
Ch. 9 Activity-Based Costing
Ch. 10 Fundamentals of Cost Management
Ch. 11 Service Department and Joint Cost Allocation
MANAGEMENT CONTROL SYSTEMS
Ch. 12 Fundamentals of Management Control Systems
Ch. 13 Planning and Budgeting
Ch. 14 Business Unit Performance Measurement
Ch. 15 Transfer Pricing
Ch. 16 Fundamentals of Variance Analysis
Ch. 17 Additional Topics in Variance Analysis
Ch. 18 Performance Measurement to Support Business Strategy
Appendix Capital Investment Decisions: An Overview
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Equip students with adaptive, mobile study resources. They'll be better prepared in less time. They'll thank you.Learn more
NEW! SmartBook 2.0
SmartBook identifies and closes knowledge gaps through a continually adapting reading and questioning experience that helps students master the key concepts in the chapter. SmartBook 2.0 is the latest version of SmartBook, with key updates to: improve accessibility, provide mobile functionality, allow a more granular level of content selection, and provide the ability to assign Recharge activities.Learn more
NEW! Excel Simulations:
Auto-graded in Connect, Excel Simulations allow students to practice their Excel skills, such as basic formulas and formatting, within the context of accounting in a simulated Excel environment. When enabled by the instructor, these questions feature animated, narrated "Help" and "Show Me" tutorials.
Integrative Cases can generate classroom discussion or be the basis for good team projects. These integrative cases, which rely on cost accounting principles from previous chapters as well as the current chapter, ask students to apply the different techniques they have learned to a realistic situation.
material helps students apply the concepts in accounting and, in more comprehensive material, analyze the information to form business decisions. Based on your instructor settings, students can receive instant feedback on your work either while working on an assignment or after the assignment is summited for a grade.
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw-Hill. We have put in place processes to make accessibility and meeting the WCAG AA guidelines part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
In future editions, this rubric will be reformatted to increase accessibility and usability.
McGraw-Hill sites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as supplementary materials, and for learners’ information and convenience only. McGraw-Hill has no control over and is not responsible for the content or accessibility of any linked website.