Fundamental Financial Accounting Concepts, 11th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Students are often overwhelmed by the amount ofinformation presented in the introductory financial accounting course, whileinstructors often want their students to better grasp the big picture of therole financial accounting plays in business. Fundamentals of FinancialAccounting Concepts takes a unique approach to building accounting skills, focusingstudents on financial statement effects while maintaining a more traditionaluse of debits and credits. With this method, the authors drive studentcuriosity and inspire them to ask the “why” questions that get at the heart ofhow accounting works. Through use of the financial statements model andhorizontal transaction analysis, students quickly see how any given businessevent affects the financial statements. With straightforward writing, popular lecturevideos, and a unique approach, Fundamentals of Financial Accounting Concepts equipsstudents with the critical thinking skills needed by future businessdecision-makers and leaders.
Chapter 1 An Introduction to Accounting
Chapter 2 Accounting for Accruals and Deferrals
Chapter 3 The Double-Entry Accounting System
Chapter 4 Accounting for Merchandising Businesses
Chapter 5 Accounting for Inventories
Chapter 6 Internal Control and Accounting for Cash
Chapter 7 Accounting for Receivables
Chapter 8 Accounting for Long-Term Operational Assets
Chapter 9 Accounting for Current Liabilities and Payroll
Chapter 10 Accounting for Long-Term Debt
Chapter 11 Proprietorships, Partnerships, and Corporations
Chapter 12 Statement of Cash Flows
Chapter 13 Financial Statement Analysis (Available online in Connect)
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources