Foundations of Physical Education, Exercise Science, and Sport19th Edition
The Nineteenth Edition of Foundations of Physical Education, Exercise Science, and Sport personalizes learning for every student, ensuring that they come to your physical education class confident and prepared with strong coverage of the foundations of motor behavior, biomechanics, exercise physiology, sport and exercise psychology, the sociology of sport, and physical education pedagogy. This enables you to have receptive and active participants in class on their path to diverse careers within physical education, exercise science, and sport. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective. Connect is sold separately and does not come automatically with the purchase of the textbook.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Nature and Scope of Physical Education, Exercise Science, and Sport
- Meaning and Scope
- Philosophy, Goals, and Objectives
- Health and Physical Activity in Our Society
Part II: Foundations of Physical Education, Exercise Science, and Sport
- Historical Foundations
- Motor Behavior
- Biomechanical Foundations
- Exercise Physiology and Fitness
- Sociological Foundations
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Physical Education Pedagogy
Pat III: Careers and Professional Considerations
- Career and Professional Development
- Teaching and Coaching Careers
- Fitness- and Health-Related Careers
- Sport Careers
Part IV: Future Professionals as Leaders and Advocates
- Future Professionals as Leaders and Advocates
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.