* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The ninth edition of Explorations: An Introduction to Astronomy continues to share with students a sense of wonder about the universe and the dynamic, ever-changing science of astronomy. Written for students of various educational backgrounds, Explorations emphasizes current information, a visually exciting art package, accessible writing, and accuracy.
Preview The Cosmic Landscape
Chapter 1 The Cycles of the Sky
Chapter 2 The Rise of Astronomy
Essay 1 Backyard Astronomy
Chapter 3 Gravity and Motion
Chapter 4 Light and Atoms
Essay 2 Special and General Relativity
Chapter 5 Telescopes
Chapter 6 Earth
Essay 3 Keeping Time
Chapter 7 The Moon
Chapter 8 Survey of Solar Systems
Chapter 9 The Terrestrial Planets
Chapter 10 The Outer Planets
Chapter 11 Small Bodies Orbiting the Sun
Chapter 12 The Sun, Our Star
Chapter 13 Measuring the Properties of Stars
Chapter 14 Stellar Evolution
Chapter 15 Stellar Remnants: White Dwarfs, Neutron Stars, and Black Holes
Chapter 16 The Milky Way Galaxy
Chapter 17 Galaxies
Chapter 18 Cosmology
Essay 4 Life in the Universe
Answers to Test Yourself
Solving Distance, Velocity, Time (d, V, t) Problems
Some Useful Formulas
Night Sky Charts
Foldout Star Chart
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.