* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
In today's digital world, where global boundaries can be bridged in an instant, strong communication skills have never been more important. Experience Communication teaches the fundamentals of successful communication in an increasingly digital and global environment, and motivates students to confidently use digital tools and social media to represent themselves effectively in person and online. Written for today’s digital native student, Experience Communication reflects how pervasive the mediated aspect of communication impacts our lives. Unique chapters include Mediated communication and Social media, Intercultural and Global Communication, and Communication in the Workplace. Updates throughout the second edition include significant emphasis on broadening public communication and strategies for meeting challenges posed by mediated communication, including privacy management and boundary concern, preparing students with today’s necessary workplace-ready communication skills.
Part One Communication Basics
1. Communication, Perception, and Your Life
2. Communicating Verbally
3. Communicating Nonverbally
4. Communicating Through Listening
Part 2 Communication Contexts
5. Interpersonal Communication
6. Intercultural Communication
7. Mediated Communication and Social Media
8. Organizational and Small-Group Communication
Part 3 Public Speaking Basics
9. Topic Selection and Audience Analysis
10. Organizing Your Presentation
11. Gathering Information and Supporting Materials
12. Communication Apprehension and Delivery
Part 4 Speaking to Inform and Persuade
13. Public Presentations to Inform
14. Public Presentations to Persuade
15. Using Communication Skills as You Enter the Workplace
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources