* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Essentials of Strategic Management, 7th Edition by Gamble, Peteraf, and Thompson presents concise, straight-to-the-point discussions, and timely examples, with a writing style that captures student interest. It features 10 chapters with 12 diverse and tightly-linked cases. The content is solidly mainstream and balanced, mirroring both insights of academic thought and real-world strategic management. For years, strategy instructors have been shifting from purely text and cases to a text-cases-simulation course structure. Two widely used online competitive strategy simulations, The Business Strategy Game (BSG) and GLO-BUS, are optional companions. Both simulations are closely linked to the content.
Section A: Introduction and Overview
1. Strategy, Business Models, and Competitive Advantage
2. Strategy Formulation, Execution, and Governance
Section B: Core Concepts and Analytical Tools
3. Evaluating a Company’s External Environment
4. Evaluating a Company’s Resources, Capabilities, and Competitiveness
Section C: Crafting a Strategy
5. The Five Generic Competitive Strategies
6. Strengthening a Company’s Competitive Position: Strategic Moves, Timing, and Scope of Operations
7. Strategies for Competing in International Markets
8. Corporate Strategy: Diversification and the Multi-business Company
9. Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental Sustainability, and Strategy
Section D: Executing the Strategy
10. Superior Strategy – Another Path to Competitive Advantage
Appendix Key Financial Ratios: How to Calculate Them and What They Mean
PART TWO: CASES IN CRAFTING AND EXECUTING STRATEGY
Case 1 Fixer Upper
Case 2 Lola’s Market
Case 3 Under Armour
Case 4 iRobot
Case 5 Twitter
Case 6 Netflix
Case 7 Mattel Incorporated
Case 8 Tesla
Case 9 The Walt Disney Company
Case 10 Robin Hood
Case 11 Starbucks
Case 12 Profiting from Pain
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.