Essentials of Investments11th Edition
- This program emphasizes the intuition and insights that will be useful to practitioners throughout their careers as new ideas and challenges emerge from the financial marketplace.
- We continue to organize the book around one basic theme—that security markets are nearly efficient, meaning that you should expect to find few obvious bargains in these markets.
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Equip students with adaptive, mobile study resources. They'll be better prepared in less time. They'll thank you.Learn more
Finance Prep Courses
Prep Courses cover the basic concepts in Math, Statistics, Accounting, Excel, and Economics, and are comprised of animated tutorial modules with quiz questions. Instructors can assign as homework or include for optional practice. Prep Courses give instructors more time in class to cover finance topics, and ensure that students do not get left behind.
Algorithmic problems are auto-graded exercises using different numeric values each time a problem is served up to the student. This gives students practice in working a problem several times -- same question, but different numbers each time. This also deters cheating because each student in a class or lab receives a slightly different version of the problem and correct answer.
Guided Examples provide narrated and animated, step-by-step walkthroughs of algorithmic versions of assigned exercises, allowing students to identify, review or reinforce the concepts and activities covered in class. Immediate feedback is provided so students can focus on the areas where they need the most guidance.
Excel Simulation Problems allow students to practice their Excel skills within the context of Corporate Finance or Investments. Questions feature animated, narrated Help and Show Me tutorials for students, as well as automatic feedback and grading for both students and professors.
Connect Finance includes a comprehensive test bank of various question types, allowing the instructor to create auto-graded assessment material with multiple problem types, algorithmic variation, and randomized question order.
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw-Hill. We have put in place processes to make accessibility and meeting the WCAG AA guidelines part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
In future editions, this rubric will be reformatted to increase accessibility and usability.
McGraw-Hill sites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as supplementary materials, and for learners’ information and convenience only. McGraw-Hill has no control over and is not responsible for the content or accessibility of any linked website.