* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Essentials of Economics, 4th Edition, provides a fresh alternative to the survey course that is both substantive and appropriate for the introductory economics student. Essentials of Economics provides the best elements of McConnell Economics 21st edition with unique content designed to help students understand the material in one semester. With a fully integrated digital package that includes SmartBook, videos, interactive graphs, and math prep--Essentials of Economics is an engaging and unique offer for the condensed survey course format that illustrates concepts in a relatable and readable way.
Chapter One Appendix: Graphs and Their Meaning
1. Limits, Alternatives, and Choices
2. The Market System and the Circular Flow
Price Quantity, and Efficiency
3. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
Chapter Three Appendix: Additional Examples of Supply and Demand
4. Elasticity of Demand and Supply
5. Market Failures: Public Goods and Externalities
6. Businesses and Their Costs
7. Pure Competition
8. Pure Monopoly
9. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
GDP, Growth, and Instability
10. GDP and Economic Growth
11. Business Cycles, Unemployment, and Inflation
12. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
13. Fiscal Policy, Deficits, and Debt
Money, Banking, and Monetary Policy
14. Money, Banking, and Financial Institutions
15. Interest Rates and Monetary Policy
16. International Trade and Exchange Rates
17. Wage Determination
18. Income Inequality and Poverty
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.