* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Weinstein’s Elementary Classroom Management, 7e highlights philosophies and actual management practices of five real teachers. These teachers work in different subjects and in diverse classroom settings. Their stories provide real-life illustrations of the concepts and principles derived from research. Practical tips boxes provide useful classroom management strategies while pause and reflect boxes promote engagement and comprehension.
Part 1 Introduction
CHAPTER 1: Managing Classrooms to Nurture Students, Build Self-Discipline, and Promote Learning
Part 2 Establishing an Environment for Learning
CHAPTER 2: Designing the Physical Environment
CHAPTER 3: Developing Positive teacher-Student Relationships
CHAPTER 4: Fostering Positive Peer Relationships
CHAPTER 5: Establishing Expectations for Behavior
CHAPTER 6: Knowing Your Students and Their Special Needs
CHAPTER 7: Working with Families
CHAPTER 8: Making the Most of Classroom Time
Part 3 Organizing and Managing Instruction
CHAPTER 9: Enhancing Students Motivation to Learn
CHAPTER 10: Managing Independent Work, Recitations, and Discussions
CHAPTER 11: Managing Small-Group Work
Part 4 Protecting and Restoring Order
CHAPTER 12: Responding Effectively to Inappropriate Behavior
CHAPTER 13: Preventing and Responding to Violence
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources