* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Santrock’s Educational Psychology puts educational theory into application, making connections between chapter concepts and the real-life experiences of teachers across all grade-levels. The author provides students with dozens of strategies for the classroom and anecdotes from practitioners on key topics. Santrock’s hallmark Learning System organizes the content into learning goals, mini-chapter maps that layout each section, and a chapter-ending case study that gives students the opportunity to reflect and think critically about the things they have learned.
CHAPTER 1: Educational Psychology: A Tool for Effective Teaching
CHAPTER 2: Cognitive and Language Development
CHAPTER 3: Social Contexts and Socioemotional Development
CHAPTER 4: Individual Variations
CHAPTER 5: Sociocultural Diversity
CHAPTER 6: Learners who are Exceptional
CHAPTER 7: Behavioral and Social Cognitive Approaches
CHAPTER 8: The Information-Processing Approach
CHAPTER 9: Complex Cognitive Processes
CHAPTER 10: Social Constructivist Approaches
CHAPTER 11: Learning and Cognition in the Content Areas
CHAPTER 12: Planning, Instruction, and Technology
CHAPTER 13: Motivation, Teaching, and Learning
CHAPTER 14: Managing the Classroom
CHAPTER 15: Standardized Tests and Teaching
CHAPTER 16: Classroom Assessment and Grading
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.