* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Best selling title. Takes a three-pronged approach to compensation by focusing on theory, research, and practice. The 13th edition continues to emphasize the importance of total compensation and its relevance for achieving sustainable competitive advantage.
INTRODUCING THE PAY MODEL AND PAY STRATEGY
Chapter One: The Pay Model
Chapter Two: Strategy: The Totality of Decisions
INTERNAL ALIGNMENT: DETERMINING THE STRUCTURE
Chapter Three: Defining Internal Alignment
Chapter Four: Job Analysis
Chapter Five: Job-Based Structures and Job Evaluation
Chapter Six: Person-Based Structures
EXTERNAL COMPETITIVENESS: DETERMINING THE PAY LEVEL
Chapter Seven: Defining Competitiveness
Chapter Eight: Designing Pay Levels, Mix, and Pay
EMPLOYEE CONTRIBUTIONS: DETERMINING INDIVIDUAL PAY
Chapter Nine: Pay-for-Performance: The Evidence
Chapter Ten: Pay-for-Performance Plans
Chapter Eleven: Performance Appraisals
Chapter Twelve: The Benefit Determination Process
Chapter Thirteen: Benefit Options
EXTENDING THE SYSTEM
Chapter Fourteen: Compensation of Special Groups
Chapter Fifteen: Union Role in Wage and Salary Administration
Chapter Sixteen: International Pay Systems
MANAGING THE SYSTEM
Chapter Seventeen: Government and Legal Issues in Compensation
Chapter Eighteen: Management: Making It Work
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.