The Art of Public Speaking, 13th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Fully updated for the thirteenth edition, the award-winning The Art of Public Speaking offers a time-tested approach that has made it the most widely used college textbook on its subject in the world. Seamlessly coordinated with Connect, McGraw-Hill Education's pathbreaking online program, it supplies a proven set of teaching and learning tools that is without parallel among public speaking books. For experienced instructors, The Art of Public Speaking presents a solid, fully customizable foundation and an abundance of teaching aids from which to choose, allowing for complete teaching flexibility in the course. For novice instructors, its wisdom, steady hand, and unmatched ancillary package instill confidence and build success in the classroom from day one.
Chapter 3: Listening
Chapter 4: Giving Your First Speech
Chapter 5: Selecting a Topic and a Purpose
Chapter 6: Analyzing the Audience
Chapter 7: Gathering Materials
Chapter 8: Supporting your Ideas
Chapter 9: Organizing the Body of the Speech
Chapter 10: Beginning and Ending the Speech
Chapter 11: Outlining the Speech
Chapter 12: Using Language
Chapter 13: Delivery
Chapter 14: Using Visual Aids
Chapter 15: Speaking to Inform
Chapter 16: Speaking to Persuade
Chapter 17: Methods of Persuasion
Chapter 18: Speaking on Special Occasions
Chapter 19: Presenting Your Speech Online
Chapter 20: Speaking in Small Groups
Appendix: Speeches for Analysis and Discussion
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.