Applied Statistics in Business and Economics, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Applied Statistics in Business and Economics, 7th edition, provides real meaning to the use of statistics in the real world by using real business situations and real data while appealing to students who want to know the why rather than just the how. The text emphasizes thinking about data, choosing appropriate analytic tools, using computers effectively, and recognizing the limitations of statistics. It motivates student learning through applied current exercises and cases that provide real-world relevance and includes analytics in action, careers, and applications of big data, Artificial Intelligence, and machine learning (including ethical issues). The Doane and Seward authors work as a team, integrating the digital and eBook assets seamlessly. In recognition of a growing interest in analytics training beyond Excel, the textbook now provides an optional introduction to R with illustrations of topics in each chapter. Support for R is further enhanced with Learning Stats modules, tables of R functions, and R-compatible Excel data sets.
Chapter 1: Overview of Statistics
Chapter 2: Data Collection
Chapter 3: Describing Data Visually
Chapter 4: Descriptive Statistics
Chapter 5: Probability
Chapter 6: Discrete Probability Distributions
Chapter 7: Continuous Probability Distributions
Chapter 8: Sampling Distributions and Estimation
Chapter 9: One-Sample Hypothesis Tests
Chapter 10: Two-Sample Hypothesis Tests
Chapter 11: Analysis of Variance
Chapter 12: Simple Regression
Chapter 13: Multiple Regression
Chapter 14: Time-Series Analysis
Chapter 15: Chi-Square Tests
Chapter 16: Nonparametric Tests
Chapter 17: Quality Management
Chapter 18: Simulation 1
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources