Applied Numerical Methods with MATLAB for Engineers and Scientists4th Edition
Part One - Modeling, Computers, and Error Analysis
1) Mathematical Modeling, Numerical Methods, and Problem Solving
2) MATLAB Fundamentals
3) Programming with MATLAB
4) Roundoff and Truncation Errors
Part Two - Roots and Optimization
5) Roots: Bracketing Methods
6) Roots: Open Methods
Part Three - Linear Systems
8) Linear Algebraic Equations and Matrices
9) Gauss Elimination
10) LU Factorization
11) Matrix Inverse and Condition
12) Iterative Methods
Part Four - Curve Fitting
14) Linear Regression
15) General Linear Least-Squares and Nonlinear Regression
16) Fourier Analysis
17) Polynomial Interpolation
18) Splines and Piecewise Interpolation
Part Five - Integration and Differentiation
19) Numerical Integration Formulas
20) Numerical Integration of Functions
21) Numerical Differentiation
Part Six - Ordinary Differential Equations
22) Initial-Value Problems
23) Adaptive Methods and Stiff Systems
24) Boundary-Value Problems
Appendix A - MATLAB Built-In Functions
Appendix B - MATLAB M-File Functions
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.