* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Acquiring Medical Language approaches medical language not as words to be memorized but as a language to be learned. This text teaches students to break down words into their composite parts. The authors use illustrations of body systems, term blocks that include specific word roots, examples containing that root, and interesting facts to make the information memorable. This approach exposes students to all the relevant information (the root, its meaning, its use), so they see how it relates to the other roots in the context of the body system. After introducing the student to the important roots and the medical terms relevant to the body system, the roots are presented using SOAP as the organizational framework. SOAP stands for the four general parts of a medical note: Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan. New to This Edition ● Every chapter includes updated abbreviations. ● Body system chapters contain word tables organized by categories, such as pharmacology, radiology, oncology, and health professions ● This edition expands coverage on a variety of health professions. ● This edition expands coverage of sexually transmitted diseases, eye conditions, gastrointestinal diagnoses and hepatitis, and the process of fertilization ● The text now includes exercises that correlate with assignable, auto-graded activities within Connect for more efficient and productive learning.
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.