Biology: Concepts and Investigations4th Edition
Unit 1: Science, Chemistry, andCells
1. The Scientific Study of Life
2. The Chemistry of Life
4. The Energy of Life
6. Respiration and Fermentation
Unit 2: DNA, Inheritance, and Biotechnology
7. DNA Structure and Gene Function
8. DNA Replication, Binary Fission, and Mitosis
9. Sexual Reproduction and Meiosis
10. Patterns of Inheritance
11. DNA Technology
Unit 3: The Evolution of Life
12. The Forces of Evolutionary Change
13. Evidence of Evolution
14. Speciation and Extinction
15. The Origin and History of Life
Unit 4: The Diversity of Life
17. Bacteria and Archaea
Unit 5: Plant Life
22. Plant Form and Function
23. Plant Nutrition and Transport
24. Reproduction and Development of Flowering Plants
Unit 6: Animal Life
25. Animal Tissues and Organ Systems
26. The Nervous System
27. The Senses
28. The Endocrine System
29. The Skeletal and Muscular Systems
30. The Circulatory System
31. The Respiratory System
32. Digestion and Nutrition
33. Regulation of Temperature and Body Fluids
34. The Immune System
35. Animal Reproduction and Development
Unit 7: The Ecology of Life
36. Animal Behavior
38. Communities and Ecosystems
40. Preserving Biodiversity
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn More
Available within Connect, SmartBook actively tailors content to the individual student- The more a student interacts with SmartBook, the better it gets to know what they know and what they don’t know, helping students to maximize study time. By providing students with a safe place to make mistakes, showing them the areas they need to work on most, and by giving them consistent, personalized feedback at the exact moment they need it, SmartBook helps them to bridge their knowledge gaps and come to class prepared.Learn More
is revolutionizing the lab experience by providing an adaptive, interactive, personalized lab experience that encourages students to theorize and experiment like scientists do. In the highly realistic LearnSmart Labs environment, students can practice the scientific method, safely develop and test hypotheses, and think critically about their findings before ever setting foot in a physical lab.Learn More
Videos provide an engaging and entertaining way to bring the relevancy of science to students. These concept-based videos walk students through simple experiments to show them science is everywhere. Instructors who use BioNow videos find their students are more engaged in class and more curious about science. Each video is assignable and assessable with over 20 questions per video to use pre or post lecture.Learn More
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.