We interviewed Clarke University instructor, Teri Zuccaro, about bringing assessment into your online Accounting course.
How would you recommend a new faculty member get started?
“Connect provides many useful reports that can be generated from the data.”
What specific Connect tools would you recommend using?
The most common reports I use are:
- Assignment Results (Grade book)
- Student Performance: This report is useful since I assign algorithmic problems, and I can view assignments in progress and view the number set each student received.
- At-Risk Report: I use this report after my first exam (generally the third week of class). This report tells me which students are having difficulty in the course.
- SmartBook® Reports
Other tools I recommend using include:
- Concept overview videos are included with most accounting texts and are a good tool to reinforce learning objectives
- Use videos to demonstrate how to use the Connect tools
- Use videos to communicate with students