#MyBacktoSchoolKit Contest Gives Teachers a Chance to Win Big
Published Thu Sep 07 00:00:00 EDT 2017
Teachers: Share a photo of your back-to-school kit with us on Instagram for a chance to win a $500 Amazon gift card!
School is back in session! Students are focused on having a successful school year and are ready to go with all of their supplies & daily essentials.
Now, we’d like to hear from you and see what’s in your back-to-school kit – from your tablets and planners to your favorite pens and snacks – we know you have your own unique set of essentials that help you power through each day.
Share what’s in your back-to-school ‘kit’ with us on Instagram for a chance to win a $500 Amazon gift card! Here’s what you need to do:
- Post an image of the most important things in your back-to-school kit (try using a flat lay format)
- Write a short caption for your photo, explaining the most important items in your kit
- Use the hashtag #MyBackToSchoolKit and tag @mheducation in your post
Five winners will be selected based on the creativity of their posts and the overall number of likes received.
The contest will be open from September 7, 2017 – September 15, 2017, and winners will be announced on September 19, 2017. Full contest rules and terms are included below.
#mybacktoschoolkit Contest Official Rules and Terms:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contest open only to legal residents of the United States over the age of 18 years, who are educators of K-12 students. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Employees and the immediate family members of employees of McGraw-Hill Global Education, LLC (“MHE”) and its parent and affiliates (collectively “Sponsor”), and its distributors and advertising and promotion agencies, are not eligible to participate.
- To enter the Contest (“Submission”): post an image on Instagram of what is in your back-to-school kit, include a caption explaining what is most important in your kit, use the designated contest hashtag, #mybacktoschoolkit, and tag @mheducation. The Contest begins at 12:01AM on Thursday, September 7, 2017 and ends at 11:59PM on Friday, September 15, 2017 (“Contest Entry Period”). Submitting more than one (1) entry constitutes a violation of the rules and automatically disqualifies the person so acting from the contest. No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries are allowed. By entering, you agree that MHE shall have the right to use the photo and/or other content you submitted in connection with this contest entry in MHE’s promotional materials. We reserve the right to not display content submitted in connection with the Contest at our discretion. If an entrant accesses the contest on the entrant’s mobile device, the entrant’s wireless service provider may charge entrant for applicable message and data charges. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans prior to participating via a mobile device.
- Sponsor is also not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Incomplete, non-conforming or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions listed below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you or your Submission from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
- The Submission must not contain any images of students or minors.
- The Submission must not not contain profanity, nudity, pornographic images, violent images, anti-competition messages, illegal material, or material that violates the rights of third parties.
- The Judging Phase will begin on September 7, 2017 at 8:00AM EST and end on Friday, September 15, 2017 at 11:59PM EST. During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, which may or may not be comprised solely of representatives of Sponsor, will select five (5) entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions, the potential prize winners, from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Fit to Contest Theme (33%)
- Creativity (33%)
- Likes and comments for your submission (34%)
- Prize(s): Prizes are five (5) $500 each gift cards. Online contest winners will be notified by direct message to their Instagram profile. No winner may win more than one prize. Winners will be notified within seven (7) days after the conclusion of the Judging Phase. No Prize is transferable; no substitutions by the winner allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a comparable prize of like value for any reason. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each prize winner.
- If for any reason this Contest is not executed as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, or if the operation of the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in its entirety or any part thereof, as determined by Sponsor.
- By entering, entrants consent to the use of their name, likeness, handle and/or biographical information for advertising and promotion purposes in any and all media without limitation and without compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- By entering, participants release Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies and subsidiaries, their respective officers, directors, employees and retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Contest and the awarding and use of any prize, including liability for personal injury and/or property damage and any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Entrants also agree that the companies participating in the Contest are not responsible or liable for any damage to an entrant’s or third party’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of this Contest. Void where prohibited by law. Awarding of a prize to any educator is subject to the policy of such educator’s employer regarding acceptance of prizes in promotions.
- All Submissions become the sole property of MHE and none will be returned. Winner will be required to give MHE his/her legal name, age, current address, and phone number for tax record keeping purposes only.
- For the winner’s list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after September 19, 2017 to McGraw-Hill Education #mybacktoschool Contest c/o Jo Ann Craig, Two Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants’ information is being provided to Sponsor and not to Instagram. Entrants agree that Instagram shall have no liability in connection with this Contest and Entrants hereby release Instagram from any and all claims, damages, and liability related to the Contest.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, and/or administered by Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and/or any other owners or operators of any social media forums where MHE advertises or promotes this Contest.