Five Lessons About the Art of Teaching in PreK-12 Education
Published Fri Aug 04 00:00:00 EDT 2017
Blog Series Shares Educators' Views, Ideas & Tips for PreK-12 Teaching
Throughout the year our School team has been gathering blog articles written by K-12 teachers, technologists, and leaders as part of the Art of Teaching project on Medium. This diverse collection of ideas and viewpoints was created for educators by educators to inspire, inform, and aid in professional development.
With topics ranging from classroom tips for new teachers to advice on leading school-wide digital transformation, the Art of Teaching blog series is a great resource for navigating the ever-changing world of preK-12 education. We hope it also serves as a platform to help teachers share their voices and connect with each other!
From this year's Art of Teaching guest posts, here are five lessons all teachers can apply during the upcoming school year and beyond.
- Social media platforms can be great tools for educators to expand their professional learning. 4 Social Media Platforms for Educators by Grain Valley Schools Director Kyle Pace (@kylepace)
- Give students the opportunity to share class work with their local community to find greater purpose to their assignments. Creating an Authentic Audience for Student Work by Middle School ELA Teacher Shelby Denhof (@shelbydenhof)
- Educators can help close the divide in opportunities & outcomes between urban and rural school districts. Challenges of Rural Schools: An Educator's Perspective by Eatonville Schools Director of Innovation and Learning Michael Farmer (@farmer1701)
- It's important for educators to reconfigure their teaching styles to embrace technology in the classroom. Managing Middle School Students in a 1:1 Environment by Library Media Specialist and Guest Blogger Stephanie Griffith
- When choosing the best digital learning program for your school, don't exclude your technology department from the conversation. The Role of Open Communication in Digital Ecosystems by Director of Technology and Information at Fort Thomas Independent Schools Diana M. McGhee (@dmmcghee)
Visit the Art of Teaching on Medium for more educators' tips, ideas & insights on the biggest topics in preK-12 education today.